We don’t really buy as many souvenirs as we used to when we first started going to the Disney parks. These days we save for a splurge at the Character Warehouse outlet stores or just hit an Orlando-area Target or Walmart for a few things. One thing we will still spend money on, however, is Disney artwork.
Before Animal Kingdom got a boost with the (fairly) new arrival of “Pandora: The World of Avatar”, it was largely regarded as the “park to skip” if you were in a time crunch. While I can agree that Pandora has become the “main attraction,” so to speak, there are plenty of other great things to do during your visit to the park.
Without further ado, here are my “Top 9 things to do at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!”
A video I made of the food court/gift shop area of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.
And Gary buys a cupcake!
We recently spent three nights at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa at Walt Disney World. It was our first stay at this resort, and in a nutshell, we loved it!
The promotion that most Disney fans go gaga over is Free Dining – and it’s here! It’s changed a lot over the years, so this is the 2018 version:
- You must purchase a 5-night/6-day non-discounted Magic Your Way package that includes the Park Hopper option.
- Dates are August 20th – September 29th, November 24th -November 27th, and December 7th-December 23rd. NO dates in October this year, but if you check in before September 29th you can apply this promotion to your trip even if it extends into October.
- Select value and moderate resorts stays will receive a free quick service dining plan. This will include 2 quick service meals and 2 snack options for each night of your trip. This year alcoholic drinks are included in the plan.
- Select deluxe resort stays will receive a free standard dining plan. This will include 1 table service meal, 1 quick service meal, and 2 snack options for each night of your trip. This year alcoholic drinks are included in the plan.
- You can pay to upgrade your meal plan. For example, if you want to stay at a moderate resort but prefer the standard dining plan, you can pay around $23 more for adults and $4 for kids to upgrade your dining plan.
- There are many resort exclusions, and within the included resorts there are room category restrictions.
- Inventory is always limited.
Sometimes it’s better to purchase a discounted package and add the dining plan. Remember, when you book the free dining promotion you are paying full price for the room.
Message me HERE if you want to work with me to plan your upcoming trip to Walt Disney World!
It’s official: our year as Walt Disney World annual passholders is officially over. In total we spent 30 days on property over our 3 trips in April 2017, November 2017, and April 2018. We had many new experiences including running in our first ever runDisney races. We spent Thanksgiving day at Walt Disney World. We did the fantastic Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour. I was pulled onstage at the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. We went to our first Candlelight Processional. We saw Exposè, Smashmouth, and Survivor concerts at Epcot. We stayed at new resorts including Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, and the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel. We ate at many new restaurants. And we ate a lot of Disney popcorn thanks to the refillable buckets. 😀
2017 was our year of races – we ran two of the Star Wars Dark Side races at Walt Disney World in April, participated in a 5K “Goat Gallop” in a tiny town in West Virginia in June (yep, we hung out with goats after), got to high-five Mario freakin’ Lemieux at the Pittsburgh Penguins 6.6K and Family Walk in October, and finally in November we ran a really fun race at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort called the “Beignet Dash.” (more…)