We recently spent three nights at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa at Walt Disney World. It was our first stay at this resort, and in a nutshell, we loved it!
The promotion that most Disney fans go gaga over is Free Dining – and it’s here! It’s changed a lot over the years, so this is the 2018 version:
- You must purchase a 5-night/6-day non-discounted Magic Your Way package that includes the Park Hopper option.
- Dates are August 20th – September 29th, November 24th -November 27th, and December 7th-December 23rd. NO dates in October this year, but if you check in before September 29th you can apply this promotion to your trip even if it extends into October.
- Select value and moderate resorts stays will receive a free quick service dining plan. This will include 2 quick service meals and 2 snack options for each night of your trip. This year alcoholic drinks are included in the plan.
- Select deluxe resort stays will receive a free standard dining plan. This will include 1 table service meal, 1 quick service meal, and 2 snack options for each night of your trip. This year alcoholic drinks are included in the plan.
- You can pay to upgrade your meal plan. For example, if you want to stay at a moderate resort but prefer the standard dining plan, you can pay around $23 more for adults and $4 for kids to upgrade your dining plan.
- There are many resort exclusions, and within the included resorts there are room category restrictions.
- Inventory is always limited.
Sometimes it’s better to purchase a discounted package and add the dining plan. Remember, when you book the free dining promotion you are paying full price for the room.
Message me HERE if you want to work with me to plan your upcoming trip to Walt Disney World!
It’s official: our year as Walt Disney World annual passholders is officially over. In total we spent 30 days on property over our 3 trips in April 2017, November 2017, and April 2018. We had many new experiences including running in our first ever runDisney races. We spent Thanksgiving day at Walt Disney World. We did the fantastic Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour. I was pulled onstage at the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. We went to our first Candlelight Processional. We saw Exposè, Smashmouth, and Survivor concerts at Epcot. We stayed at new resorts including Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, and the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel. We ate at many new restaurants. And we ate a lot of Disney popcorn thanks to the refillable buckets. 😀
2017 was our year of races – we ran two of the Star Wars Dark Side races at Walt Disney World in April, participated in a 5K “Goat Gallop” in a tiny town in West Virginia in June (yep, we hung out with goats after), got to high-five Mario freakin’ Lemieux at the Pittsburgh Penguins 6.6K and Family Walk in October, and finally in November we ran a really fun race at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort called the “Beignet Dash.” (more…)
It’s our last hurrah before our Walt Disney World annual passes expire – so for 10 nights in early April we’re going to have as much fun as we can. (That shouldn’t be too hard!)
This trip will conclude our year of being annual pass holders, and in total we will have spent 30 nights on property. (Yes staying at the Swan counts!) For this trip we’ll spend a week at Disney’s All Star Music Resort (we’ve stayed at each of the All Star resorts, but Music has always been my favorite) before switching over to Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa for our last three nights. Saratoga Springs is a new resort for us and we’re excited to be so close to Disney Springs.
So what is on our agenda? Old favorites, and a lot of new experiences.
Picture it, West Virginia……1985…….at the height of the “Rock N’ Wrestling” era, a young ME finds his true love: the WWF (now WWE)! Flipping through the channels of our new satellite dish, I happened upon a (now very infamous) episode of a talk show called “Hot Properties”. Who was this muscular, blonde “superhero” that was hanging out with my idol of the moment, Mr. T, as guests on the show? It didn’t take me long to learn about this man, THE IMMORTAL HULK HOGAN, and to change my weekly routine from cartoons and comics to televised wrestling and live WWF events. (more…)
Some of those who have never been to Walt Disney World (or Disneyland) may be surprised to find out that it really is a foodie’s paradise. Snack carts, bakeries, food kiosks, quick service restaurants, full service restaurants, bars, lounges, and ice cream parlors are around every corner it seems. In this post I’m going to reminisce about some of snacks and drinks are on most recent trip during the Christmas season.
When we first started vacationing in Florida, we came home with a lot of souvenirs that we purchased at the theme parks. Christmas ornaments, pins, stuffed animals, art prints, hats, key chains, mugs, and numerous other odds and ends have made it the nearly 900 miles back to our house. As prices have gone up, we started visiting the two Disney outlet stores and places like Target and Walmart instead. Let’s go souvenir shopping!
The Walt Disney World Swan Hotel (along with its sister, the Walt Disney World Dolphin) are two resorts smack dab in the middle of Walt Disney World property, but aren’t actually owned by Disney. The resorts get many of the same benefits as on-site guests (I got to book our fast passes 60 days out like on-site guests for instance) but one disadvantage for us was having to pay for parking. (There is also a resort fee, but with a special rate I booked it was waived for us.) The location is amazing – in the Epcot resort area, but at about half the price of the neighboring Disney resorts for our dates.